Options for Lip and Cheek Enhancement
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your lips and cheeks, then visit a medical spa to have enhancement procedures. Your lips can become thinner as you age, and your cheeks may also lose volume or develop deep wrinkles. At a medical spa, you can undergo lip augmentation in only a few minutes to increase the volume of each lip to have a more attractive facial appearance. There are numerous brands of dermal fillers that are safe to use in your lips. Some of the most popular dermal fillers for the facial lips include:
• Restylane – a clear gel that is formulated to match natural hyaluronic acid
• Fat transfer – using your own fat that is collected with liposuction
• Radiance – a synthetically manufactured gel that is long-lasting
• Dermalogen – removed from your skin before processing it into collagen
• Autologen – collected from your skin for injection into the lips
• Collagen – natural substance that is extracted from bovine hides
A medical spa may perform allergy testing before a medical professional injects one of these substances into your facial lips with a sterile syringe and needle.
You Can Also Use Dermal Fillers in Your Cheeks
There are also injectable dermal fillers for your cheeks to reduce wrinkles or eliminate hollow areas. There are several types of dermal fillers available, including:
• Juvederm – softens the folds in your cheeks with hyaluronic acid
• Restylane – formulated from hyaluronic acid to reduce nasolabial folds
• Autologous fat – your own fat that is transferred into your cheeks
• Collagen – derived from animals to fill the hollow areas of the cheeks
• Sculptra – a form of acid that reduces marionette lines on the cheeks
• Radiesse – stimulates natural collagen formation to add volume
In some cases, a professional at a medical spa will use the same type of dermal filler in your cheeks and lips.
Lip and Cheek Enhancement Can Give You a More Youthful Facial Appearance
There are good reasons to have your lips and cheeks enhanced at a medical spa. The procedures are designed to rejuvenate your face to provide a more youthful appearance in only a few minutes. In addition to eliminating marionette lines and nasolabial folds, an enhancement to your face with dermal fillers will lift the sagging skin along your cheekbones. With enhancements at a medical spa, you do not need any incisions, anesthesia or a long recovery time.