How to Prepare for a Medical Spa Treatment
Knowing how to prepare for your medical spa treatment is challenging, because a treatment at a full service medical spa can include injections, incisions, chemical peels, and many other types of procedures. These medical spa procedures can be used for cosmetic purposes such as dark spots, wrinkles, and more.
Even though there is a full scope of medical spa treatments, and the best way to prepare will vary according to each procedure, it is still best to educate yourself about how you can be ready when it comes time for your treatment. The most effective and most important way to prepare for your treatment is follow the instructions provided by your doctor. Here are some tips for preparing for your medical spa treatment:
- Talk thoroughly with your medical spa professional about what you can expect. Having the right expectations is key. Communicate and make sure you fully understand the procedure you are having.
- Ask about side effects. Your overall experience can be unpleasant if you are not prepared for something like redness or minor discomfort.
- Make sure you share about any other treatments you have had, and any medications you are taking, such as sleeping aids, allergy medications, and blood thinners. You will even need to share about vitamins and supplements and over-the-counter medications. Some of these things will need to be paused or stopped in order to have a safe, effective treatment.
- Be prepared to follow all instructions given to you by the medical spa staff. For some treatments, you might be asked to stop smoking or drinking alcohol for a time leading up to your treatment. This is because smoking can interfere with healing and caused decreased blood flow, while alcohol can increase bleeding and your chances of developing an infection.
- For some treatments, you will be asked to not wear deodorant, lotion, moisturizer, and makeup in the area of your treatment.
Arrange for a ride home if at all possible.